UVRF SafeSport Athlete Safety Program for 2022
Effective January 1, 2022, all USRowing participants 18 years of age or older are required to take SafeSport training. This means that all UVRF members 18 years of age or older, all coaches (paid and volunteer), and all parent volunteers are required to be SafeSport trained. Please read UVRF's complete SafeSport Policy for 2022 to learn more about this important program.
For each adult member, this means:
- Completing an initial comprehensive free online training course offered by the U.S. Center for Safe Sport; and
- Every year thereafter, completing a short online free “refresher” course.
The SafeSport course teaches about the nature of misconduct in sport and provides actionable information to better protect athletes. Visit the new website https://safesporttrained.org/ when you are ready to do the training.
Choosing the Appropriate Course
There are several courses that you can choose from on the training website:
- SafeSport Trained Core Course: This 90-minute course is designed for competing adults, coaches, board members, and other adults in authority roles in our organization.
- Core Refresher Courses: There are three 30-minute courses available for people who have completed the Core Course within the past three years.
- SafeSport Training for Adult Athletes: This 20-minute course is for non-competing adult athletes in our organization.
- SafeSport for Volunteers: This 15-minute course is designed for volunteers who do not fit into any of the other categories named above.
Other courses are also available for health-care professionals, athletes with disabilities (and those who work with them), and young athletes between the ages of 13 and 18 and their parents.
Starting the Training
The training site, https://safesporttrained.org/, is new this year.
For members who have been trained at any time in the past:
- If you have done any SafeSport training in the past, you should have an account on safesport.org or athletesafety.org. Begin by accessing the new site, https://safesporttrained.org/
- Click Login in the upper right, enter your email address as your Username, and click Forgot Password. This will send a password reset notification to your email address. Follow the instructions to create a new, secure password and log into the training site.
- Choose the course that is appropriate for you and begin the training.
For members who have not done any training in the past:
- If you do not have an account on safesport.org, go to https://safesporttrained.org/ and select Enrollment Key on the landing page. When prompted, enter the following key: NGBUSR-RFKt8f. Fill out the form with all the required information and your new account will be created.
- If you are unsure if you have an account or not, follow the instructions for members who have been trained in the past. Test any possible email addresses you may have used. If the system cannot find you, follow the steps outlined here for members who have not done any training in the past.
- The SafeSport site will ask for your USRowing number. If you do not remember your member number, go to the Membership Portal to find it. If you are still having trouble, contact USRowing at (609) 751-0700 or
. Even if you are only a Basic Member (which is required to complete the US Rowing online waiver for your UVRF membership) you will have been issued a USRowing number.
- Once your account has been set up, choose the course that is appropriate for you and begin the training.
Note that you may pause the training at any time and resume it later. Your place will be saved.
Once you have completed the online course or annual refresher, save a PDF copy of the completion certificate and email it to the UVRF Safety Officer at
A current certificate must be on file with UVRF prior to participation in any club-sponsored activity.